Do you find yourself tense regularly? Have tight joints made it difficult to bend down and tie your shoes? Do you have a fear of falling frequently? If that's the case, chair yoga and seated yoga postures might be a great addition to your daily practice. Read on as we look into the benefits of chair yoga.
The Benefits of Yoga: How Yoga Blocks Can Help You Achieve More
Using yoga blocks comes with a raft of benefits which include the following:
Improved balance and stability
When used correctly, yoga blocks can help improve your balance and stability, especially when you are first starting out or working on more advanced poses.
Increased range of motion
Yoga blocks can help increase your range of motion by providing a little extra height or width to certain poses. This is especially helpful if you are struggling to get into a particular position.
Enhanced strength and flexibility
Regular use of yoga blocks can help enhance your overall strength and flexibility, as you will be able to hold poses for longer periods of time with less effort.
Improved alignment and engagement
Yoga blocks can help improve your alignment and engagement in poses, as they provide a physical reference point for maintaining correct posture.
They help with grip for advanced poses
Yoga blocks, especially, the cork ones, provide a great grip for more advanced poses. This can help to prevent any slipping or wobbling, which could cause you to lose your balance.
Ways to Use Yoga Blocks
You can use yoga block blocks in various ways while doing various poses. You can use them for:
- Foundational Poses: Foundational poses include poses that form the basis of your practice. They help to develop a strong foundation for more advanced poses. In foundational poses, you can use yoga blocks to provide support and stability.
- Standing Poses: In standing poses, yoga blocks can be used to help with balance and to deepen the pose.
- Backbends: In backbends, yoga blocks can be used to support the spine and increase the range of motion. They can also help with balance.
- Hip Openers: Here, yoga blocks can be used to help with balance and to deepen the pose.
- Forward Bends: In forward bends, yoga blocks can be used to increase the range of motion and to support the spine.
- Drills: When doing drills, you can use yoga blocks to help with the alignment and increase the range of motion.
- Surrender Postures: This is another name for resting poses. In these poses, you can use yoga blocks to support the body and relax.
If you are looking for a way to deepen your yoga practice, using yoga blocks is a great way to do so. Not only do they provide support and stability, but they can also help improve your alignment and engagement in poses.
Hopefully, this article has given you a better understanding of the benefits of using yoga blocks and how they can help you achieve more in your practice. Be sure to give them a try the next time you hit the mat.